TOS (Terminal Operating System) is a tool that allows you to comprehensively manage terminal capacities and connect the logistic processes occurring there.
As a multifunctional system, broadly speaking of supply chain management, TOS helps to a large extent to manage the goods, warehouse and yard of the terminal, optimizing the movement of vehicles, loading, workflow and many other logistics processes. Product management is possible due to the collection in the system of detailed information about the storage structure and the goods being stored, thanks to which system optimization of all processes of the supply chain is possible. The management of the marine terminal is a very important element that affects the continuity of the movement of goods, precise control of drivers, vessels and many other processes with minimal human involvement.
Our solution is a cloud-based TOS that covers all the bottlenecks of the terminal, starting from the entrance of transport to the terminal and ending with loading onto the vessel. A cloud solution, in contrast to the usual solutions on the market using server capacities of the terminal itself, can significantly reduce the load on the terminal’s IT personnel. Moreover, the architecture of our solution makes it easy to integrate the system with the programs and technical solutions already available on the terminal. This applies not only to various accounting programs, but also includes terminal equipment, such as scales or cranes.
Our solution can work as a single system, and at the same time, if the terminal already uses any systems and does not want to abandon them, our solution can complement the existing systems. In general, our TOS can be divided into 5 modules that are responsible for the various stages of the terminal:
- WMS - warehouse management system. It combines not only warehouse accounting, but also yard management - the movement of trucks between control points according to a pre-planned route, depending on the type of cargo. WMS has a visual map of the terminal, with the ability to see all the warehouses and street storage.
- QMS (Queue Management System) - a truck management system at the entrance of the terminal. The system is an analog of queues, for example, in banks. Cargo owners / shippers pre-select the date and time when the truck with the cargo arrives at the terminal. Thus minimizing the processing time of the truck and documents at the entrance. Moreover, the pre-planned arrival of the truck allows you to pre-plan the route of its movement at the terminal.
- Weight Module - automation of the weighing process. It can be implemented in three different ways on the terminal, depending on the installed equipment. If the terminal has modern scales with the ability to transfer data, then the weighing module automatically aggregates information from all the weights installed on the terminal. If scales are installed on the terminal without this possibility, then the module can be installed together with the camera, which will read the numbers and enter them into the system. And the third option, when the possibility of digital data transfer is completely absent, information can be entered into the system manually, thereby replacing the standard weighing log.
- DigiDock - OCR and CRM system installed in the office of the terminal. It is necessary primarily for working with clients and simplifying the workflow. OCR recognizes standard document types, such as CMR or invoices, automatically transferring data to TOS and the accounting system. CRM allows you to optimize customer service and pre-plan the delivery of goods or the arrival of the vessel.
- KPI - module for monitoring the work of terminal employees. It allows you to track the volume of work performed by each employee and loading and unloading teams. The module allows you to select or form the necessary team to perform various tasks, track the start and end time of the work, or simply see the status of the current task or team
Each of our solutions can be installed separately and allows you to solve a number of problems on the terminal. Among them:
- Loss or damage to cargo
- Wrong places of loading and unloading
- Traffic jams at the entrance to the terminal or at the terminal itself
- Work with incorrect information
- Large volumes of paper workflow
- Waste of time working with a truck / railcar / vessel
Using our cloud solution also allows you to reduce the installation time of the system on the terminal by several times. So, for example, one of the system models (QMS) can be installed on the terminal within a few hours, if integration with cameras is not required, or in a few days, in case of integration.
TOS in general, and each module in particular, is implemented in such a way as to maximally cover the standard business processes of the terminal. But at the same time, we are well aware that the processes vary depending on the terminal, cargo, and even the country in which a terminal operates. Therefore, any change in the logic of work is made as soon as possible without the strong involvement of terminal employees.
Another advantage of the cloud solution is the ease of updating the system/modules. In case we release some kind of update, it is installed automatically, without affecting the operation of the terminal. This can happen automatically after hours or by agreement with the terminal.